Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

"Stretchable" Array

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
561 Views, 10 Replies

"Stretchable" Array

Hello Guys. I have a panel with an array of an aluminum profile. I want the width and height of the panel to be an instance  (the panel family is nested in a door family). I have manage to make de Height "instanceable" with a formula to always adjust the number of array with the height of the panel. But with que Width of the array it keeps crashing or saying that "constraints are not satisfied". Does anyone know how can i solve this problem?

If i try to use a formula for the width asi i used for the height it appears a problem of "instance parameters canĀ“t be used in type parameter formula"

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: 00353629

For one, I'd say this is over-modeled. I wouldn't model each individual panel.

But if you insist on it, I'd create another calculate parameter to determine the width of the panels themselves (overall width - (border x 2) and then associate that to the panel width.

It also looks like you're not constraining the position of the second/last element in the array, which is why its going diagonal like that.

Message 3 of 11
barthbradley

Post the Family here.

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley

FWIW, you can get there with a Curtain Wall in the Project Environment with your vent blade Profile being used to create the Interior Type Horizontal Mullions.  

CWVent.png

Message 5 of 11
in reply to: barthbradley

šŸ™

Message 6 of 11

I'll give this a try. Thank you for the reply.šŸ™

Message 7 of 11
barthbradley

Puerta_C_Panel_Perfil Z.png

Message 8 of 11
azad.Nanva

This problem have the two or may be three way to fix it , the way above from @barthbradley is good enough but may be you don't want to use the curtain wall as the door. so you can do it by changing the variable like below :

or you can use the other sort of your panel family:

Message 9 of 11
barthbradley

I made some changes to your Family Parameters, Array Constraints as well as the Nested Family's Origin/anchor Ref. Plane. See attached RFA. 

Message 10 of 11
in reply to: azad.Nanva

Thank so much!!! It works flawless!

Message 11 of 11

Even i would like to be a door family this is a fantastic idea for louver walls! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators