Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question on Sheetlists?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
holl0481
223 Views, 3 Replies

Quick question on Sheetlists?

1. Is there a way to create separate sheet lists? For example, half of my sheets are for Outline proposal and the other half are for Project proposal and I would rather distribute these sheets on to separate sheet lists so I can make a sheet for the Outline proposal sheet list and a separate sheet for the Project proposal sheet list? I do not want to see Outline proposal and Project proposal in the same sheet list.

2. Is there a way to fill out the Sheet list and then it autogenerates the sheets? As it is very time consuming to right click Sheets>New Sheet>Right click, rename>Name sheet. It would be so nice to be able to enter the info into the sheet list directly and the sheets get created. Is there a way? 

Labels (6)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kadmonkee
in reply to: holl0481

create a shared parameter for the titleblock family which provides a designation of status or use (Outline, Project)

make it a type parameter so when you create a sheet you can select which designated sheet you need.

in the project browser assign another shared parameter to sort your sheets by the parameter "SHEET PURPOSE" assign these parameters to sheets in the category.

unfortunately this will not create sheets automatically, you still have to create each sheet then assign the correct parameters.

now when you create your master sheet list, duplicate it and then you can filter by sheet use or sheet designation parameter

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 4
barthbradley

@holl0481 wrote:

1. Is there a way to create separate sheet lists? For example, half of my sheets are for Outline proposal and the other half are for Project proposal and I would rather distribute these sheets on to separate sheet lists so I can make a sheet for the Outline proposal sheet list and a separate sheet for the Project proposal sheet list? I do not want to see Outline proposal and Project proposal in the same sheet list.

Sounds like all you need duplicate sheet lists, each with different Filtering rules.  Easy enough to do.  Or is this not what you mean?    

...for example, you could create and add a Project Parameter to the Sheet List and Filter the Sheet List based on the Project Parameter value. The Project Parameter Feild could be hidden if you don't want it shown on the Sheets.  

SL-Original.pngSL-Proposal.png

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

@holl0481 wrote:

Create an Outline yes/no project parameter > assign to Sheets category > tick for all Outline sheets and untick for all Project sheets > Add it to your sheet schedule > use it to filter: Outline equals Yes > duplicate the sheet schedule and reverse the filter: now you have 2 sheet schedules, 1 for Outline and 1 for Project

2. Is there a way to fill out the Sheet list and then it autogenerates the sheets? As it is very time consuming to right click Sheets>New Sheet>Right click, rename>Name sheet. It would be so nice to be able to enter the info into the sheet list directly and the sheets get created. Is there a way? 

You can install pyRevit (free) and run Batch Sheet Maker.  I am sure there are different Add-ins and Dynamo can do it as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators