Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick assistance - Revit LT

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
799 Views, 6 Replies

Quick assistance - Revit LT

Hello Everyone,

So, I have recently started using Revit LT and I'm learning my way around preparing a volume study. I was just watching a tutorial on how to create roads and curbs on an inclined topography, and part of the steps was to export the curb lines that have been drawn and split as DWG, then import them in as an in-place mass.

Massing is not available in Revit LT and it honestly makes volume models and apparently making curbs very easy, so I need to find an alternative to mass-in place, place mass, and all massing options.

your help would be really appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JuanYusta
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

An alternative in the normal version is to use 'Model in place', have you this option?

Anotación 2020-08-26 144306.png

If it appears in your LT version, I think it is the best alternative.

With this option you can model extrusions like with mass.

Anotación 2020-08-26 144452.png

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JuanYusta

Hello @JuanYusta 

Thank you for you quick reply, 

it seems that model in place is not available in Revit LT either.
would it be possible after splitting toposurface to create a curb by using the walls option? use pick line, and pick the detail lines of the curb and then elevate them?

I have been using walls as an alternative for mass by increasing their heights, but I do not think this is quite flexible.

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Use the railing tool. Create your curb as a rail type. You can host the rail to a toposurface using Pick Host tool.

https://www.ideateinc.com/blog/2017/08/revit-2018-railing-host-toposurface

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

RailTopo1.png

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

hello @barthbradley 

Thank you for the response, 
Sure, I will give it a try.
👍

Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

And if you are doing volumetric computations, that will be easy enough to compute using a Calculated Parameter. You know your curb profile's Height (H) and Width (W), and Revit will compute the Length (L) of the curb/rail instance. So, HxWxL=Volume.  Bada Bing!  

TopoCurbVolume.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report