Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing to PDF

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
209 Views, 1 Reply

printing to PDF

I'm having problems printing to PDF files to scale.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat to print PDF half size drawings. The scaling is set to 50%. But when I print out on paper, the drawings are slightly off scale. (In an 1/8" = 1'-0" drawing, a 75' - 0" distance prints out as approximately 74' - 3/4", which is slightly shorter than the actual length...)

I double-checked the Acrobat settings, but the scaling is set to exactly 50%. Has anybody encountered such problems? Is there a way to fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a common error that comes up when people print our PDF's; when you have a letter size or 11x17 pdf that would print true, there is an option to reduce to printer margins. This happens at printing the PDF, not when it is created. Acrobats default print setting is set to scale to margins, but page scaling needs to be none, when you print.

Perhaps you know this, as in your post you say you are careful on the pdf settings, but maybe you are referring to when you making them, not to the printing side?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report