Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud misaligned on all projects

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
411 Views, 7 Replies

Point cloud misaligned on all projects

Hello.

I have an issue with my Revit projects. After opening my current project today I noticed that the point cloud is no longer aligned with the model. It has been moved on all 3 axes but not rotated.
I tried loading (using shared coordinates) older versions of the point cloud as well as opening older projects, and they all have the same problem.

The project I am working on will be shared and collated into a larger project through BIM 360, so I can't just move the reference points.

The problem started after working on a different shared project with a colleague, which had a similar alignment problem. But I don't know what could have changed so that all my projects would be affected.

Here is a screenshot highlighting the issue:

image.png

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you inspected/compared with your Backups?  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, I tried various backup versions and it's still the same.

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

The problem started after working on a different shared project with a colleague, which had a similar alignment problem. But I don't know what could have changed so that all my projects would be affected

Did you resolve this "alignment problem" you mention above? What exactly did you do -- and TRY? Can you remember the steps? 

Message 5 of 8
Tom_Kunsman

sadly this will not help your issue, but just wanted to make sure that when your point cloud is inserted that you have it Pinned in place? Correct?

I would even go so as to make the workset locked so only one person can edit that workset. 

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

I know this may sound silly, but I got to ask: Are you sure it's misaligned? Your screenshot shows green lines. I'm assuming those are Model Lines.  If so, they look like they are accurately placed.   Could you have simply not saved and lost some Model Lines you placed above those Model Lines? I can see where that would make me think the PC was moved. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, I'm sure they're misaligned. The red arrows indicate the offset between the model and the point cloud.

I had a few screenshots where it was clear but I couldn't attach them to the original question for some reason.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

We didn't actually find a way to solve it. He had a project that had the point cloud already attached. His issue was only happening when trying to insert a newer version of the PC.

He 'solved' it by reloading the latest version of the project and working off of the PC that was attached to that. 

My problems appeared after opening his project on my workstation.

My best guess would be that there are some global preferences that were overwritten when I opened his project, but I couldn't find anything like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report