Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place views at the same spot in different sheets

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
17871 Views, 7 Replies

Place views at the same spot in different sheets

Hello,

I have different sheets where I place views of first floor, view of second floor, etc. 

I want the floors to be exactly at the very same spot, as in, aligned perfectly, so when I create a PDF and switch between pages, the outer walls do not move at all.

What is the best way to do so?

I was researching about Base Points and Survey points but I didn't really understand.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Those won't help you. Try Guide Grids.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

You can snap the intersection or end point of grids, levels, hor/ver reference planes to linework on Sheets including sheet border, drafting lines, and guide grids.

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN: You remember that old angled model line trick? The one where you put place an angled model line in the active viewport, and then align it to a point on the sheet. There was a video posted showing this technique. Wish I could find it again. 

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

I don't recall really.  And I don't think a model line can snap to sheet's elements.  Even angled grid lines and reference planes cannot.  Only right angled ones can.

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

Not the one I was thinking of, but it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxY9DcmzOcQ

I think this was the one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_ekv-Tw_0  

Note: The guy says something significant at the beginning of his tutorial: "Make sure you draw this line horizontally; I'll tell you why later." He never does, but it's critical to the workflow. Doesn't work any other way. 

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes that is what I am talking about, snapping grid intersection to a sheet element (the angled line he drew and pasted to multiple sheets).  The other one is about essentially the same thing, but instead of using grid he was using reference plane.  Then he realized only horizontal or vertical reference planes worked, not the angled one, hence the final remark.

Message 8 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

I was researching about Base Points and Survey points but I didn't really understand.

@Anonymous: Post this part in a separate thread.  You'll get a lot of great feedback, I promise.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report