Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place element along civil3D alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ing.leonardofa
203 Views, 2 Replies

Place element along civil3D alignment

Hi guys!
I hope you can help me with an issue I'm facing in a project rn. I have to place some (almost thousands) features along a linear project (see dummy sketch in the image). My only input is a Civil3D alignment and extreme precision is required. The solution must be adaptative due to the expected changes required by the client so I can easily relocate elements.

My first thought was to create a family with 2 instance parameters: location and side. The location is measured from the start point to the intersection of the alignment with a line perpendicular to it. The side would be determined by an offset from mentioned intersection to either side of the auxiliary line. The problem is I can´t find any way to get the alignment information to Revit in a way it is used as a reference. I've tried to convert the alignment to a spline and use it as a constraint for each element, again, there's no way to measure along the spline (I hoped arc length could).

A friend helped me craft some scripts to locate each "insertion point" inside civil and pass it to Revit to insert an instance. The cons are that the script creates 1 instance at a time, and inserting a single element takes more time than doing it by hand.

It´d be great if you can share your thoughts regarding possible solutions. Many thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: ing.leonardofa

Sounds like a job for Mass > Spline though points > Divide the spline to create nodes > place adaptive family on a node and use Repeater to populate it along the spline.

Message 3 of 3

Huh? Extreme precision is required - but changes are to be expected? Precision and changes in relation to what? You didn't mention that nugget of information. 

...is this about point layout?  

https://www.autodesk.com/products/point-layout/overview?term=1-YEAR&tab=subscription

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report