Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Family Question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
453 Views, 5 Replies

Parametric Family Question

Does anyone know how to make a family that can act like duct work or plumbing lines? I am trying to create a family that can be extended to a certain length and when there is a 90 degree turn the family automatically rounds (fillets). 

I thought to use the connector properties in mechanical families as a way to facilitate but I am at a complete loss

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

What are you doing -- besides driving yourself crazy?  I mean, what is this family that behaves like ductwork, but isn't ductwork?  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I am trying to create a conveyor family that Is adjustable and rounds at the 90 degree turns like duct work or plumbing family
Message 4 of 6
bin
Advisor

Something like this?

Message 5 of 6
Ilic.Andrej

Simply use an in-place sweep, load a profile and draw sweep path however u like. Another way is to create a line based family that has a checkbox "turn", something similar @bin  showed.

Andrej Ilić

phonetical: ændreɪ ilich
MSc Arch

Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: bin

Not exactly after doing some more research I think using a line based family would work best. I'll upload what the end product turns out to be

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report