Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel in window

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
IanH5033
352 Views, 7 Replies

Panel in window

I neeed to show a panel which is trimmed into the depth of a window reveal, but in plan view the window obscures everything above cill level. Sections, 3d views etc. are fine. I've attached a simplified  example. Can anyone suggest what is wrong? I running RevitLT 2022.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
EATREVITPOOPCAD
in reply to: IanH5033

<bad post deleted>

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 3 of 8
EATREVITPOOPCAD

The window family had a masking region that whited-out that fin. Fixed it for you

Here is the corrected version

EATREVITPOOPCAD_0-1659620877258.png

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 4 of 8
IanH5033
in reply to: EATREVITPOOPCAD

Thanks, I've just worked that out, but I seem to have another problem! The panel in question seems to have a view cut plane at between 1175mm & 1200mm above level, i.e whatever view range settings I use this panel shows as though its cut plane is 1175-1200. Is there a setting that I've missed?

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley

Uncheck "Draw in Foreground" for this Masking Region: 

Mask Draw in Foreground.png  

Message 6 of 8
EATREVITPOOPCAD

To be honest I am not following your question. The floor plan slices your model via floor plans view's View Range property. Select view in the project browser to see it.

EATREVITPOOPCAD_0-1659636130305.png

Message 7 of 8

FWIW: Windows and Doors are not displayed based on the Project View’s Cut Plane.

Revit Windows and Doors not showing as expected | Revit 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 8 of 8
IanH5033
in reply to: barthbradley

Many thanks, your link re windows gave me the answer to the problem with the panel. It hadn't registered with me that Family cut plane settings override Project settings. The cut plane of the panel family was set at 1200mm and the project cut plane at 1500mm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report