Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint on sweep - area problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
767 Views, 4 Replies

Paint on sweep - area problem

I created a sweep and then applied paint to one of its sides. Then created a material takeoff to see how much paint I used. Sadly, though, the schedule gave me the amount as if all of the surfaces were painted. I did this once before and everything worked perfectly.

I attached the revit 2016 file, where you can see the problem. Notice that when you remove or add any paint to the sweep, the area in schedule stays the same.

ext.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

It is because no material has been assigned to the object itself. When you assign the object a material it works.

Table.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks a lot. It helped. But now I've got another problem. Now I create this kind of sweep by making it as slab edge. When I paint it, the paint does not appear in any schedule at all.

It could help if I could put the lenght, height and width parameters in a schedule and then manually calculate the area of the hypontheusal surface, but as far as i know, it is not possible either.

I am not able to make a type parameter a shared one so that it would appear in schedules. And yes, I have created a shared parameter file before in Manage>Shared Parameters

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard01.png

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

For some unknown reason slab edges do not appear in material takeoffs.

Depending on the project and the project requirements you might consider to create a face or line based family to create your slab edges.

You can post your idea on the Revit Idea Station.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Following your advice I created a line-based family for my slab edge. It's not great, as the corners aren't as nice as if it was made from a profile family, but it's OK. The problem is that i am not able to paint any of it's surface after I changed the edge's material (before it was defined I was able do to it but the amount was incorrect).

Clipboard01.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators