Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no product from autodesk is installing in my laptop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sagarnassa1996
205 Views, 4 Replies

no product from autodesk is installing in my laptop

every time when i install any product from autodesk  its gets failed .I have a dell laptop and first i asked  dell about this problem but they said that its not the problem of the laptop its statisfy all the requirements . please help me for this 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kmfuhrman
in reply to: sagarnassa1996

A few questions for you...are you installing from a web download, or thumb drive? If downloading, try saving the .exe file to your hard drive and then run the installation. What version of Windows are you running, and what version of Revit are you trying to install? Do you have the activation key and license? Have you tried disabling your anti-virus?

Kimberly Fuhrman, LEED AP BD+C
Freelance Architectural Technologist

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: sagarnassa1996

Presuming you are on a Windows system, go into the %temp% folder and find the install LOG file. Add it to a new ZIP file and post it here. Otherwise we are just guessing.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5

What version of ADesk products are you installing?  Some older versions have an issue with the latest versions of .Net framework which prevents the installer running correctly.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 5 of 5

I am so sorry for necroing this thread, but I found a solution to this problem that I hope will help ALL Dell users. Dell uses different BIOS for their laptops than any other computers, making software tend to not work well with it (that's on top of the 4K display that they foolishly ship their new XPS laptops with). The only way to get AutoDesk programs to install is if you troubleshoot the installation and install through the VIRTUAL AGENT. The install style is different, and Dell's little block won't get in your way anymore. I'm glad I'm not the only person who experienced this problem though. I used to believe that technology was against me...little did I know that it was just Dell who was ruining my experience. 😉 again, sorry for necroing, and good luck to whoever else has this same problem!

Ethan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report