Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New layer by phase using Parts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
daniel.cross
223 Views, 1 Reply

New layer by phase using Parts

Hi,

I'm working on a project where we're replacing the outer part of our walls (the tiles) with another material (not decided yet).

We're using the model for both Coordination and pricing. So I thought using parts would be a great for this project.

So far we've modeled pretty much everything of our existing situation by point cloud. Our exports using parts is working fine with coordination. It's the most viable option in my opinion, since we want the cladding to align perfectly with the structural part of the walls. Our structural engineers are using our wall types and then do a Copy/Monitor only keeping the concrete. For odd shapes and generic walls we're using a Dynamo script creating a separate cladding by face with a negative offset. But to the furthest extent we'd like to use the system family walls.

In theory, I'd like to replace the outer layer of our wall structure with a new layer in new construction, situated in the same place as the original. The original will be demolished by phase in new construction - all of this using Parts.

There might be a few adaptions in the new situation that means not having the same the same geometry as existing situation, and using the flexibility of changing sketch of wall part would be ideal. But I find that demolishing a wall layer in new construction, doesn't give you the option to replace it with a new material/new ID?

Any suggestions to solve this?

Best regards/ Daniel Cross

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sahay_R
in reply to: daniel.cross

Ouch. You can't replace the demolished wall part with a new wall part. I would create a thin wall and wrap that around for the new wall layer.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report