Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested families with MEP Connectors

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1653 Views, 4 Replies

Nested families with MEP Connectors

I have been modelling families for mechanical services. Some of the families have lots of types and complex shapes which I have nested into the family. I have noticed that the mechanical connectors don't appear in the family when they have been loaded in with a nested element. Is there anyway to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Connectors have to be placed in the top most host family to be made available to the project.

If you nest a family with connectors in a host family you (unfortunately) have to add new connectors in the host family.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
jknight
in reply to: L.Maas

I know this is an old post but seems closest to my problem. I have a family of tanks and some heat exchangers inserted into a single family. I then have plumbed the two together. I have inlets, outlets, and assorted other fitting connections that I've added connector/tags too. I did remove them from the individual nested families as they don't come thru to the main family from what I've researched. I have 3 different tank heights with the same diameter, and the tags I add to the connection points stay attached to the connection face when changing between the different heights. However, when I change to a different diameter the tags go all over the place. I have seen that you can't really attach tags to nested families and that you really have to recreate the fitting in the main family. But how do these tags stay attached and move with the faces until I switch to a different size tank? Hope someone can help... Thanks in advance.

Using 2016

Tags attached to their connections.PNGTags not attached when changing diameter of tank.PNG

Message 4 of 5
jknight
in reply to: jknight

bump... anyone?

Message 5 of 5
MichaelSpahn
in reply to: jknight

Hi @jknight 

i have the same Problem. 

Do you have a solution for me?

Stay hungry, stay foolish!

Viele Grüße,

Michael Spahn
TGA Planer/Konstrukteur
Firmenwebsite | LinkedIn

Ihr fandet einen Beitrag hilfreich? Dann vergebt dafür doch Likes!
Eure Frage wurde erfolgreich gelöst? Dann einfach auf den 'Als Lösung akzeptieren'-Button klicken!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report