Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Family types won't change in Projects?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1494 Views, 4 Replies

My Family types won't change in Projects?

I made a Generic wall based family with several family types. when I load them into project and try to change the type from the property drop down menu it won't change the dimension parameter but it works perfectly in the family... I tried insert several file in a project and suddenly I was able to change the family type! It seems that sometime it works and sometime doesn't.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

It's throwing up an error in the project.  I suspect a sketch line inside of one of your extrusions is too short and/or the sketch itself is too intricate.  That's where I'd start looking.

error1.png

TIP: Never make a single line sketch segment shorter than 1/32".  

....there's something wrong with the end cap extrusions.  Deleting them resolved the above error.  So there's your culprit.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I have already fixed this issue but I'm still not able to change the family type in project. Have you had a chance to check the other file that I have attached!?

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want TYPES, your Parameters need to be TYPE -- not Instance. 

...Change "width" to TYPE parameter

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I can't believe it was this simple and I spent 2 days figuring out what is wrong with my file.

I greatly appreciate your help. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report