Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Multiple Color Schemes?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
PhilvK
640 Views, 10 Replies

Multiple Color Schemes?

I have 2 Area Plans and have created a color scheme for one of them. Can I create a different color scheme for the 2nd Area Plan? It seems When I get to the Edit Color Scheme for that view, there are no options other than (none) to select, and nothing to select or input for Title or Color..

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: PhilvK

@PhilvK 

You need to

• Either start with creating a Custom Area Scheme...under which you can duplicate and create multiple color schemes
  • OR from an existing Area Scheme Duplicate an existing color scheme (example: below duplicating a color scheme from Rentable and creating another by Area - See GIF 2)

Area scheme.gif

Area scheme1.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 11
PhilvK
in reply to: RDAOU

I can create the additional color schemes but can't get it to appear in the views or get a color scheme to appear. Is it because I already have one in the project?

Message 4 of 11
RDAOU

I have to admit, you got me confused! In the OP you said no scheme available other than none...in you rely you state that you have already created a new scheme...

1. Can you please show the color scheme you have? Did you see GIF 2 above? 
  2. If you have a color scheme already applied to the view, are you able to change that scheme on the properties palette 
  3. Area Color Schemes only appear in Area Plans...did you create an area plan from Views >>> Plan Views >>> Area Plan? can you please post a view/image 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 11
PhilvK

Full disclosure:  I get color schemes to work by being lucky as I have no clue how the various windows and available selections are related. Yes, I saw both gifs and will study them more in hopes of getting an understanding on how to relate the various Areas Plans to the schemes.

Message 6 of 11
PhilvK

I think the issue is that you cannot create 2 Area Plans based on the same level. Is that correct?
I even tried duplicating them but the duplicates don't appear under 'New Area Plan'
Message 7 of 11
RDAOU

@PhilvK 

No not true...

• You can duplicate an area plan and assign a different Color scheme to it
  • You can Create a duplicate via View >> Plan Views >> Plan Region & Uncheck "Do not Duplicate existing views"

CS Duplicate.gif

Are you sure you are setting up the schemes properly?

1. Duplicate an Existing
  2. Rename it
  3. Set the Color Criteria 
  4. Set the desired colors

RDAOU_0-1634572227654.png

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

@PhilvK wrote:
I think the issue is that you cannot create 2 Area Plans based on the same level. Is that correct?
I even tried duplicating them but the duplicates don't appear under 'New Area Plan'

You can have as many Area plans on the same Level, under one Area scheme, as you want.  They can have different Color schemes by using different parameters, but the Areas and Areas boundaries are the same. 

If you want a completely different Areas and Area boundaries, totally disconnected from what you have, then you need to create a new Area Schemes, and subsequently, new Area plans.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
PhilvK
in reply to: ToanDN

I think I got it.  It was the 'completely different' scheme from ToanDN's post I was looking for, but both your input helped in getting me there.

Message 10 of 11
RDAOU

Thats why I asked you if you watched both gifs! You said yes! The first is specifically on creating a new area color scheme

Message 11 of 11
PhilvK

Yes, but before I got to the different color scheme  I had to create the totally different area plan. I think that was my issue, but I may not be out of the woods just yet. I'll stop bugging you guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators