Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple & Differing Liscence Usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
296 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple & Differing Liscence Usage

I have a query regarding licence usage for anyone that can help?

I currently I have a copy of Building Design Suite Premium seperately installed on my work laptop and my home computer through my seat on a subscription licence.

All the programs installed sucessfully and work fine, and I assume that my seat is taken whenever I open any software on either machine. Meaning that I cannot (or shouldn't) open revit on both computers at once.

The complication is that my grilfriend is stydying for her masters degree and uses my home computer for university work. She has been given a Student licence of revit through her university.

Is there any way that she can utilise her student licence to use the version of revit I have installed on the home computer, as opposed to partitioning the C: drive and installing another copy of revit activated using her student licence?

Hope that makes sense.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way it would work is if it was a different version of Revit, such as Revit LT vs Building Design Suite or 2015 vs 2016.

Best option would be a new computer if you both have the same versions.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Good point, her version may be 2015... In which case there's no problem. Will check later on this evening.

If it is 2016, surely buying another £2k machine is using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Would partitioning the C drive not work?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You would have to partition C and install another version of Windows and run a dual boot system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report