Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monolithic Stair not visible in 3D View, visible in Plan, not hidden.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2392 Views, 14 Replies

Monolithic Stair not visible in 3D View, visible in Plan, not hidden.

I have created a monolithic stair by sketch. Created stair in plan, stair and rails (auto-created) visible in plan; rails visible in 3D, stair not visible 3D. Stair is not hidden by element or category, not visible anywhere in Hidden Elements Mode. Where is it??

Thanks

3D View3D View

3D View - Reveal Hidden Elements Mode3D View - Reveal Hidden Elements Mode

First Floor PlanFirst Floor Plan

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Edit the Monolithic Run type and change Underside Finish from Smooth to Stepped.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN

Did this, no change in the issue.

Message 4 of 15
ToanDN

Try delete the default {3D - xxxx} view and re-create a new one from the 3D house button see what happens.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

The issue is not limited to the default 3D View; the stairs are not visible in my camera views either, which is where I need them to show. I am trying to render.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

@ToanDN

I've just noticed that other items are disappearing in the 3D views of other projects I currently have open.. going to restart Revit and hope this doesn't recur. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

@ToanDN

UH OH! I have restarted Revit and restarted my computer, the problem persists. I will do a clean reinstall of Revit 2018 and hope the file hasn't been corrupted. If you have any other suggestions, now would be the time.

Message 8 of 15
ToanDN

Before you do that, open the file with Audit.
Message 9 of 15

Hi all, fun fact, this happened to me, same stair sketch, same design.

I am working on Revit 2021.

The stair disappear as soon as I confirm the sketch and the stair is created. It is visible only in plan, Section = invisible, 3D view = invisible, Elevation = invisible. The file is fine, no problem with anything else. I have opened the file with Audit, same issue, restarted etc etc, the issue persist.

Never happened to me and it seems from the forum that no one actually sorted out the issue. Anyone can look at this?

giovannibonaviapela_0-1657393609383.png

I am at the moment working in VPN, so maybe , and say maybe, is an issue with the graphic card? but I doubt tbh.

This is driving me crazy.

Message 10 of 15

Check phasing. And set the stair bottom to stepped, not sloped.  

If it is still not fixed, then edit sketch and move one boundary line a very small distance (1mm) so that the two boundary lines are not coplanar.  Below is an example.

ToanDN_1-1657479166176.png

ToanDN_0-1657479054106.png

Message 11 of 15

I can explain why you are seeing Stairs in Plan View and not 3D View.  What you are looking at in Plan View is a 2D symbolic representation of the Stairs - not the actual 3D geometry.   That's how Revit rolls.  

Now regarding the specific issue you are having, it's replicable on my end as well. My suggestion would be to break it up into 2 sketches - one a mirror copy of the other.  

STAIRS710-1.pngSTAIRS710-2.png

STAIRS710-3.pngSTAIRS710-4.png

Message 12 of 15

Thanks so much for the reply.

Unfortunately I face two problem here, the first suggestion just does not work. the stair is  still not visible changing to stepped or making the phasing existing instead new built.

The second solution works only moving one of two sides slightly as you said, but the sketch is actually wrong and the way I would like to have the stair is like shown. 

giovannibonaviapela_0-1657611768982.png

in any case is requiring a work around that is creating an inconsistency, an error in the actual design. I believe this should be fixed.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!

Message 13 of 15

Thanks so much for the reply.

I can do something like this, but it will result in a double counted stair, and an actual error in modelling. If you want to be precise and model things as built as much as possible this method won't help.

For pure 3D representation, no problem at all, and is sorting out the problem 🙂

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!

Message 14 of 15
giovanni.bonavia.pela

Here another interesting situation. Posting here for completeness of info.

as you can see the stair on the right have been created, it was a different sketch I made, based on a deeper end step. 

but funny enough if I move the stair from that specific position, it disappear again. and if I change the sketch to have the correct ending step, it disappear too.

giovannibonaviapela_1-1657612421201.png

giovannibonaviapela_2-1657612471797.png

I assume this is a bug, need to be fixed, in order to be free to build stirs of any kind.

Thanks all

Message 15 of 15
caguedan
in reply to: barthbradley

this helped my issue..thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report