Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Display / transparency not correct

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
micah
4287 Views, 11 Replies

Model Display / transparency not correct

My new Revit project is acting up and I cannot figure out what is wrong. The floor plan view is showing as Wire Frame/transparent, even though the template's Model Display is set to Hidden Line. I have checked overrides and see no conflicts there. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: micah

Does the View Template actually control the Model Display (is the box checked)?
Message 3 of 12
micah
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, it is checked. Transparency settings are all set to 0 also.

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN

Well, maybe just change the view to non-template and fix the model display to hidden lines. Then change it back to the template see if it sticks.
Message 5 of 12
Richard.Vivanco

What about the material? assign a different material.

Good luck

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
micah

I tried that, thank you, but it didn't work. I also changed view depth from unlimited to associated level. This helped hide most of the stem walls but a few are still visible. I checked the sections and I don't see any difference between those that are now hidden and those that are still visible. Also the toilet is still transparent, for example, so I know it is not just a material transparency.

Message 7 of 12
micah
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Hi, materials are all transparent so it is not related to that.

Thanks though for the suggestion.

Message 8 of 12
micah

I am finding that my existing floor plan displays transparent even when I change view templates. However my proposed and schematic floor plans correctly show no transparency even when I change view templates. If I try to create a new floor plan based on my correctly displayed proposed floor plan the new plan is showing transparent. Can someone please help? I am wasting a whole afternoon spinning my wheels and I need to get this project moving.

Message 9 of 12
micah

I am narrowing this issue down to a linked topo cad file. My trouble shooting process was as follows:

I have found that if I duplicated my proposed floor plan (which is correctly showing no transparency as expected) and then change the view template to my existing floor plan template (my existing floor plan is the one with the transparency issue) the transparency is gone and the display is correct. In other words duplicating the good floor plan apparently fixed the issue.

However if I un-check Crop View from any of my floor plans, regardless of view template, the transparency issue reappears. The crop view toggle turns this transparency issue on and off.

Finally, if I go to Manage Links and remove the topo CAD file from the project the issue seems completely resolved in all views and view templates, cropped or un-cropped. As a further test, with the apparently problematic topo removed, I linked another topo file from the same surveyor. No issue with this topo from another project. I tried auditing and purging the problematic CAD topo file and the issue persists. However when I cut/paste the problematic topo linework and other graphic elements into the good topo file I have from another project and insert that topo, the issue is resolved. There must be something corrupt in the topo cad file and I'll have to ask the surveyor to fix it. I can't just use the topo I fixed because the coordinates, etc. are for the other project.

So, I think I resolved this and am sharing all of the above as a lesson in trouble-shooting. I hope this helps others and may lead to an explanation or better fix from Autodesk.

Again, thank you to all contributors on this forum and this post thread.

Message 10 of 12
micah
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think I solved it. If interested please see my solution above in this thread.

Message 11 of 12
micah

Hi ToanDN,

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I solved it. If interested please see my solution above in this thread.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Open "Edit Family", Click on the solid component mass, in the properties bar edit "Visibility/Graphics", select "Plan/RCP", "Ok", save the component and reload into project.

Simple explanation: The component mass model was set to show in elevation view and not plan view. The initial plan view only shows detail lines and not the mass, hence the reason why it is transparent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report