Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Tag location in Revit 2022

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Emmanuel.BoakyeNHKVA
1095 Views, 9 Replies

Material Tag location in Revit 2022

I'm trying to load a material tag family into my project, where can I find the material tag annotation family in the autodesk cloud family library?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I clicked on the Load Autodesk Family tool. In the dialog box, on the right side, I selected Annotations, and then typed in Material in the search. One Material Tag popped up for me. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 3 of 10

Very strange because that's exactly what I've done and I get 'No search results found'.

Message 4 of 10

Are there any other families showing up in the dialog box? Open up another session of Revit and see if you can access it from there.
Message 5 of 10

All the other annotation family tags show up in the dialog box but it seems there's no material tag in the list

Message 6 of 10

@Emmanuel.BoakyeNHKVA wrote:

All the other annotation family tags show up in the dialog box but it seems there's no material tag in the list

here.

BTW: if you have the Material Tag placed in other Projects, you can use Transfer Project Standards to transfer it between Projects. If you have a Material Tag in a previous Version of Revit, you can load that one into your 2022 Project.  It will upgrade automatically on loading.  

Message 7 of 10

Open any tag family, change category to material tag and save as a copy.

Message 8 of 10

Would love to download this but unfortunately the company that I work for has a policy which doesn't allow downloading of files without it being audited by the senior management first, its all a bit of long process...
Message 9 of 10

@Emmanuel.BoakyeNHKVA wrote:
Would love to download this but unfortunately the company that I work for has a policy which doesn't allow downloading of files without it being audited by the senior management first, its all a bit of long process...

Pull the Tag from another Project or Library then.  Bada Bing.   

Message 10 of 10

Yes, this worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report