Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luminaire

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
272 Views, 2 Replies

Luminaire

I am learning to use Revit and on Luminaire insert has problems: 

1 - Doesn't have LED option as lamp

2- Light is defined in RGB not CYMK. Need to have Kelvin option to add color temperature. Filter is an extra part - usully it is a part in glass or gelatine. 

3- I did download Revit 2014 and it is not showing IES file attach option. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

The reason is; you are using the default Revit OOTB lighting fixtures.

1. not all OOTB Lighting fixtures found in revit has LED option
  2. Light definition RGB and/or CMYK depends on the lighting fixture selected. You might need to visit some manufacturers' website and download fixtures which are more adequate for the purpose you need to use them for
  3. Some OOTB fixtures do not have the option to attach/redefine the IES file in there Family Properties. Those use the IES file configured by default. The standard IES files which come with Revit can be found -->> C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\IES
    • Again if you use custom or manufacturer lighting fixtures you will have more flexibility with assigning the IES configuration which is to your liking whether it is the manufacturer provided one or your own (Assuming that you know how to edit IES files)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Hey there,

thank you very much to get back to me. But I could not understand all your infs as: what is OOTB? I am lighting designer and I know IES file property.  I found some .rfa files of luminaire on AutoDesk Seek. I am searching how to build a family of a luminaire but did not find nothing on web yet. Do you have any material to share?

thanks in advance,

Natalia 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report