Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Shared Parameter groups and parameters HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ChrisGamble
544 Views, 6 Replies

Lost Shared Parameter groups and parameters HELP!

What you'll read next happened after our office network was down for about 2 hours so maybe this caused it but...

I went into my companies shared parameter file and added a parameter to a group but then deleted the parameter because I recognized I didn't need it.

Then it gave me the message about deleting a parameter and I continued to delete it because I didn't need it. All the other parameters and groups were still there just fine after I deleted the parameter I just created.

Then I went to close the shared parameter window then it gave me a error message that the changes were not saved to the shared parameter file and I continued to close and not save because I didn't want change the file after all.

I went back into it a couple minutes later and all the groups are gone. All the text is gone from the text file and I cant find any back files.

Is there anything I can do?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: ChrisGamble

Ask your IT to retrieve a backup.
Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

You sure you re-opened the correct Shared Parameter Text File?  Sounds like you may have opened the wrong one.  

Message 4 of 7

are you sure your shared parameter file path is correct?

Message 5 of 7

Just spoke with IT. This was there doing. I posted the question here though to make sure my workflow was correct and that it wasn't my doing that caused the issued, but it is resolved. I just wanted to make sure if it was my doing, that I would be aware of what went wrong so I could make sure to not do it again.  Thanks for the comments.

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

Were you freaking out a bit? Thinking maybe you screwed up?  Your workflow was correct. I'll testify for you if it goes to trial.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

Haha! I was sweating bullets for little bit because there were tons of parameters in that file, and then poof, all gone and all I did was close out the window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report