Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock centre of the cylinder with reference line

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sridhar.bandi
2197 Views, 8 Replies

Lock centre of the cylinder with reference line

I take generic model template , draw the cylindrical shape. I want to lock cylinder center and rotate it with the center as a reference.

I created reference line and controlled it with an angular parameter. I want to lock that reference line with cylinder center line.

Hope it make sense. Please let me know if you nor clear.

Please help on this.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: sridhar.bandi

In this case I would create sweep and pick the reference line as the sweep path

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
sridhar.bandi
in reply to: L.Maas

Great. Thank you very much.

My guess it is possible by using revolve form may I correct?

Message 4 of 9
L.Maas

Yes, a revolve can also be used.

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
sridhar.bandi

Thank you, sir. It drives me more accurately .

Message 6 of 9

I created two cylinders having bigger Diameter and smaller diameter. You may observe the difference in the given attachment. Now I want to rotate Big diameter object with reference to small diameter object.

I created an angular parameter to a smaller diameter. If i control smaller diameter object the second object will automatic control by smaller one.

Message 7 of 9
L.Maas

You created a new reference line to constrain the large cylinder and locked it to other reference line. However the new reference line's workplane is not set to the right workplane. As it should move with the other reference line that reference line should be used as new workplane. If I read the sentence back it looks quite confusing :-). So see attached the corrected family.

When your objects are getting more complexer I would start using nested components. See also an example of this.

Louis

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
sridhar.bandi

Thank you sir.

Message 9 of 9

I would like to see the " Instance Length Parameter with Grips" for the given family in the project file.

The minimum overall height of the family is 10' and Max 14'. It should vary from 10'-14'.  I will adjust it based on my requirement in project file.

Make sure the given Family is already controlled by angle parameter. 

If it is not controlled by angle parameter then it works to give instant length parameter with grips.

Here i am attaching the file for your quick reference.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report