Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 2 Underlay Issues

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1466 Views, 14 Replies

Level 2 Underlay Issues

Hello,

I am having a difficult time getting the 1 levels walls to become visible on the 2 levels floor plan view. I believe i have my underlay properly(looking down) set and my view range(-5') set correctly as well, yet still, I cannot see my level 1 walls. I know this is a common issue and there must be a really easy fix that I am just not seeing. 

D. Martin

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Set both views' Cut Plane at +5' and see if the underlay work then. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. 

Message 4 of 15
barthbradley

So let's recap: you have 2 Floor Plan Views with Walls on both of them and those walls are taller than the View's Cut Plane -- in other words, they intersect with the Cut Planes of the Views; right? And, in one Plan View you set the underlay to show the other Plan View and nothing shows up; correct?  

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

I even opened up a new project, made 4 very quick generic walls in level 1 and then switched to level 2 to see if they would show up & they didn't. I have them scaled 1/8, detail level at fine, visual style at wire-frame. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

I apologize, I do not have any walls placed on level 2 yet. I would like to see the walls from level 1 to appear in level 2 floor plan as dashed or grayed so I can align my level 2 wall with the 1 level. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Correct-ish..... 

I have walls on level 1(only walls, generic). They are 10' tall. From  level 1 elevation to level 2 elevation. At this point I would like to place my level 2 walls, so I click on level 2 floor plan. But I cannot see my level 1 walls so I have no idea where to put my level 2 walls. Or even if i was going to put a level to floor. I don't know where to place my floor because I cannot see the top of level 1 walls. 

Message 8 of 15
barthbradley

Have you actually turned on the underlay?

underlay.png

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Yes I have. It is actually automatically set to that when I open up level 2 floor plan. 

Message 10 of 15
barthbradley

Is your wall category turned on under Visibility/Graphics Overrides? Are the Phases the same for both Views?  

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Yes they were turned on in visibility. Phases, That was it. The phases were not the same. Thank you so much. For future reference. What phases should I be building on. How do I use the "phase" properties properly? Thank you so much again. 

D. Martin

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Your a hero among meek men. 

Message 13 of 15
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

What phases should I be building on.

Just use the default "New Construction" for everything. That's the simplest. 

Glad I could help you figure it out.  If your issue is solved now, please mark my post as the accepted solution.  

Thanks. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Done. Thanks again. I must be in construction template file instead of architectural. 

Message 15 of 15
barthbradley

Ah, Construction Template! "Project Completion" then; right? Plus, the Construction Template also has Phase Filter already set up; doesn't it?  Just set every view to "Show Complete" and "Project Completion".  You can set Phases and Phase Filters as you need them.   

Thanks for the credit. Catch you later.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report