Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining walls between host model and linked model

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
14711 Views, 8 Replies

Joining walls between host model and linked model

Walls in the host model do not join with walls from linked models, so they appear as the following picture

Joining walls to linked model.PNG,

what is the workout for this?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Not much you can do about it except for using the Linework tool to make the end of the walls in the hos model thinner.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I have the exterior skin in a linked file along with the core, so there is a core and shell model, and the architectural plans model,

Would "copy/monitor" the exterior walls from the the core and shell model to the host model to join walls be a good idea?

Or is it too much?

Thank you...

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

You can copy/monitor the walls over and clean them up.  I don't like to have duplication of geometry in my model so I wouldn't do that just to fix some graphical imperfection.  If it is that important to you so it's up to you.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Omar,

No you can't . AFAIK there is no possibility to join between your model and the link.

The alternate workflow we may suggest (and we use) are:

1)  (Less reccomended )  Leave an empty area wherever you have structural members. This may work, but it will bring you many clashes.

2)  (Better)  Draw the walls "through" the structural members. When the structural model is ready, Link -- Bind it in your model and then "Join" manually.

It may be a tedious task but the result works.

Regards, Dan

Message 7 of 9
Sahay_R

@Anonymous -I am with @ToanDN on this. Use linework / invisible lines / masking regions / edit profile to make the view look correct. I would not go overboard in making the model correct with 3D geometry, and you really don't want to have duplicate geometry to (possibly) bog your model down.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 8 of 9
augidomeo

+1

dotuanhanh.blogspot.com
Message 9 of 9
brendons5SJ8H

I use the geometry from the linked Revit files and merged them into the host file by using the bind link option - where you select the Linked File> Modify> Bind Link. The Linked File will now become a Group inside the host file, ungroup the elements, so they can be modified and integrated into the host file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators