Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to split the workspace in revit to small sheets with symbols on sheets that indicate that there is more sheets that display the rest of the information?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danezeq
289 Views, 4 Replies

Is there any way to split the workspace in revit to small sheets with symbols on sheets that indicate that there is more sheets that display the rest of the information?

This methood is used by project that spread over lots of area, and usually dome with autocad. i've never saw it implemented on Revit.

I think it's called "divide to keymap"

i can do it manually with symbol and text inside but that a silly job and taked lot's of time.

(btw please ignore the aerial photo)

danezeq_0-1619002081998.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: danezeq

Use Matchlines.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: cbcarch

...and View References.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5
syman2000

How I achieve this is to use duplicated by dependent view. In this dependent view, you would crop it to smaller area to fit into your sheet. The parent view will have all your plan and the dependent is just snapshot of smaller drawing area. Afterward you use matchline as @cbcarch mentioned above to indicate the split between the plan. As well use view reference to reference to different plan as @Alfredo_Medina mentioned above.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators