Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to rename a View - Type I created on the project browser?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
David125
3040 Views, 7 Replies

Is it possible to rename a View - Type I created on the project browser?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rosskirby
in reply to: David125

Create a view of that type, then, while in that view, without anything selected, go to the properties palette and select "Edit Type" and rename the view type.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 8
David125
in reply to: rosskirby

Just in case I chose the wrong terminology I've attached a screen cap to explain what I'm trying to remame. For some reason I'm not getting an option to rename the view type.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi David,

Would I be wrong in assuming that the View - Type parameter is a project instance parameter you created and assigned this to Views. You are then sorting your project browser by this parameter?

To change the View - Type parameter you need to select the view and change the parameter value, this will 'rename' the View Type parameter.

I could be off track here but this is my understanding of what you are trying to do.

send more info if you need more help.

Regards,

Paul.

Message 5 of 8
David125
in reply to: Anonymous

That did the trick.

Message 6 of 8
David125

Spoke too soon. When I tried to rename view types on a model I just created for test purposes it worked fine. I just creates a new view type on my work model. Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

If its seems to be creating a new type, you must have other views that have the "old" name in the View-Type parameter. you will have to select all the views and change the parameter to the new name.

Your project browser is just sorting the views by this parameter, so it will group all the views under the same heading as your instance parameter (View-Type).

you could temporarily sort your browser by this parameter only and select all the views and change the View-Type to what you need, ie the new name.

If it's doing what i think it is that should do the trick.

Regards,

Paul.

Message 8 of 8
David125
in reply to: Anonymous

I got what I wanted but not how I expected it. I moved views from the misspelled view type and the the view type was no longer listed. I guess it deleted itself. I then carefully created the view type I wanted now all is good.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators