Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
solin
398 Views, 5 Replies

installation problems

Trying to install Revit (architecture) 2016 (educational account)

Antivirus off

Set up downloads - start installation - after 2 seconds installation finishes with all componants failing to install, no error message

Tried virtual agent - downloaded program, correct serial number but product key is wrong (both from same registration email).

Very frustrating, especially under big deadline... ant thoughts or help appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: solin

@solin when you download from Autodesk site there are 3 options of download and/or Install

1. Install

2. Download

3. Browser Download

I would suggest that you try 3rd method. Download the two files to a location which you can later find. Then uncompress contents and then install. (these should be 2 files 1of2 and 2of2 - The browser will ask you to download them successively you wont need to look for them on the Autodesk website - Size roughly 4.5 gb)

More info on Browser Download can be found HERE

PS: If you tried the 1st or 2nd (Direct Install - Download) - Autodesk does use the Akamai NetSession Service (Akamai ® NetSession Interface) which is said to improve download speed. But personally I have lots of discretions on Akamai. From my experience; if you don't have a top notch connection or at least a connection that last at least 1 hour without any timeouts (occures in the background unnoticable and for a few seconds); it will be hopless to go for any of the first two options. Autodesk might probably need to look into this

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
solin

Thanks but I tried that - correct serial number but product key is wrong (both from same registration email).  I'll try contacting Autodesk....

Message 4 of 6
RDAOU

That would be because the registration email is not in line with the same downloaded version (most probably due to the various download attempts)...I would recommend a clean download removing all previous installations and reinstall new from http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured 

You can check this thread for Product Key issues PRODUCT KEY DOESN'T WORK

Otherwise if you just need the right product key for the version you installed

You can log in to Autodesk. Once logged in; on top you find Profil & Management >> go to Management...On the left side select Products. Here you will find list of products you requested/installed. Under each you can find the right Product number for the right Serial of software you installed

Product Key 1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 6
jeffrey.sin

Hi @solin,

Checked our database and found that what you have is Autodesk Revit 2016, could you check and ensure that you are entering 829H1 as the product key? Let us know how it goes. Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 6 of 6
solin
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi, "829H1" is the product key I have tried - could not test it with the normal download (as that keeps failing) but wondering if it should work with the "virtual agent" version as well - when I put it in to begin first (1 of 2 from virtual agent) installation it says it the wrong key.  When I look up product keys from Autodesk I find  "241H1" forAutodesk Revit Architecture 2016...I have not tried using that one yet - do you know if it should work?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report