Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Wall Length Parameter at Corners

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
472 Views, 4 Replies

Incorrect Wall Length Parameter at Corners

Hi everyone!

I've currently run into an issue where the wall corners do not show the desired length. Below you can see that it's being pulled from the wall's centerline connection (1'-5 1/16"), though I want it pulled from exterior face (2'-0"). I'm using Assemblies & Parts so I can't disconnect and overlap them because the parts won't generate properly. I've also tried writing a Dynamo script to set the value, but am unable to do that as well because it's a read-only parameter in a system family (meaning I can't modify it). Would love any ideas or solutions!

KR

Wall Length Corner Condition.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I would disable auto join then and use Join Geometry instead. No? 

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't disconnect and overlap them because the parts won't generate properly.

Why would you overlap them?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

While this does fix the wall length issue, I cannot generate the assembly & parts correctly. See how the layers are not joining properly?Disjoined Corner Condition.JPG

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley

Hard to see what you are referring to?  Are you wrapping wall ends? I wouldn't. Those won't translate to Parts anyways.

...okay I think I see what you are pointing out. That's why I said Join Geometry in lieu of auto Join.   Also, you have additional tools in Parts to use to clean up.  

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

Do you need to schedule the lengths? If so, create parts and schedule parts.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators