Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported DWG lines are in the wrong spot

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
493 Views, 8 Replies

Imported DWG lines are in the wrong spot

Hi all,
I have had a contour survey done and have just received the DWG file.
When I import the DWG file into revit some of the lines (all I have noticed is the fence lines at this stage) have been thrown way off course. See attached screen shots of the DWG in CAD and also the result in revit. Is there anyway to resolve this? 
I have tried the following with no success:
- Exploding the DWG file in CAD. and re-importing
- Making the DWG file a group in CAD and re-importing
- Copying all the DWG lines into a whole new CAD file and re-importing 

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lachlan-JWP
in reply to: 0402117445

What kind of elements are these fence lines? It looks like it might be an array that is getting its vectors messed up when being imported.

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

Sounds like the CAD Import/Link is too far from the Internal Origin of Revit. Move the CAD closer to the IO. 

About the Maximum Distance Limit | Revit | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 4 of 9
ennujozlagam

can you share the file so we can check?thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi ennujozlagam,
CAD file is attached

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

The DWG Elements are located 5141.65 away from the WCS.  What Import Units did you specify in Revit?  

...Why don't you just delete the Fence GI Layer in Revit and use a Revit Line Type to redraw the fence?  Easy, Breezy.  

Message 7 of 9
in reply to: barthbradley

Im not sure what the WCS is, I have 0 experience in autocad.
The import units are custom factor: 1000 so that the CAD file imports at the right scale.
We basically just overlay the contour survey onto our revit site plan as an import symbol. I am hoping no other lines (especially level lines) have been thrown off.
Message 8 of 9
barthbradley

Import Scale = 1000??????  You've got to be kidding or mistaken.   

Message 9 of 9
ennujozlagam

the only way to solve the issue is to redo the fence gi symbol change to arc or etc... and see if helps. thanks

rty.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report