Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Import Placement Error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
arshad.k
450 Views, 6 Replies

IFC Import Placement Error

Hello Guys!!

I have faced an issue with IFC Imports.

I use the Link IFC option to Import my IFC file. When it imports, it is placing different location. 

I also tried changing the setting to shared coordinates and my issue not get solved.

But when using Link Revit without converting to IFC, While using Link Revit Option My model gets placed Perfectly......

I don't know how to solve this issue. If anybody solution for this, please share it with me 🙂

Image For Reference:

arshadk_0-1648053697686.png

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: arshad.k

There are different Coordinate Base options.  Try and see which one works properly.

ToanDN_0-1648064575557.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
arshad.k
in reply to: ToanDN

hi @ToanDN 

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I tried all options in Coordinates but the same issue repeating, Any other suggestions...

Message 4 of 7
79revituser

Im also having this issue. Still looking for resolutions......

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

If you want to Link the IFC directly in the Revit model then use these IC export settings:

- Coordinate Base = Internal Origin

- Include IFCSITE elevation... = Yes

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
arshad.k
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi, @ToanDN 

Thanks for Your Reply, Problem solved for me, 

I face this problem on Tekla, Importing IFC and it is fixed with help of your solution :).

But when I import the same IFC in Revit, still IFC placing in the Wrong location. Anyway, the Tekla problem was solved.

Can guide me, How to fix it in Revit.

@tamil.c 

Message 7 of 7
amcaleese

Hey everyone,

To kind of feed off the original post, I've recently run into an issue when updating the .ifc file that I have linked into my Revit model. I am utilizing the .ifc file as the architectural model, but the model moves into another location whenever I update it. Does anyone have any advice or possible solutions? I appreciate any help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report