Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal line weight settings in revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shimnakhan1999
1584 Views, 4 Replies

Ideal line weight settings in revit

I still get confused on how to assign proper line weights. The default revit line weights seems to be all messed up.  Can somebody share a template with proper line weight settings for each scale which is also applied to object styles that can be used to print documents ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: shimnakhan1999

The default settings are okay. Messed up how?

Message 3 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: ToanDN

second that. The only change I make is to decide what template applies halftone to what category and what categories get thicker lines (or other changes I deem necessary). For example, in a lighting plan the lighting fixtures and devices will be thicker, the rest is half tone. But ultimately it is up to you and what you want to achieve what changes you make to the default. Autodesk let's you make all kind of changes. So, if it is messed up, you messed it up 🙂 

Revit version: R2025.3
Message 4 of 5

Been messing around? Open a new project using the default.rte that came with your Revit and then use Transfer Project Standards to transfer the default line settings to your project. Bada bing.   

Message 5 of 5

I believe that its nothing to do with your line weight settings. Rather try adjusting your print settings to be on Vector rather than Raster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report