Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show some walls with dashed lines on a plan view?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
8048 Views, 11 Replies

How to show some walls with dashed lines on a plan view?

Hello. I have beams  in my model which are modeled as basic walls and represented with dashed lines on plan views.

This means that just a few basic walls are seens with these dashed lines. How do I do this?

Capturar.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the walls, right click snd override elements in view, then change the projection line to dashed.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the fast reply. What you said makes a lot of sense, however it doesn't seem that it was done that way.

Do you have any other sugestions? (Filters used in this view are not related as well to this).

Capturar.PNG

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN

So they are already dashed and you want to know how they did it? Is the view set to structural discipline and hidden lines set to by discipline?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes I need to understand how this is done.

The plan view is set to architectural discipline. Another important fact is that these elements will show even if the cut plane in view range is set below them. the family used for beams and walls is the same.

Capturar.PNG

Message 6 of 12
barthbradley

Is there an Underlay assigned to the View?  

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

If you draw a new "beam" wall, does it show as dashed?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Underlay was probably turned on to see the ceiling and the linework tool, <overhead>, was applied to the beams then the underlay was turned off. 

Message 9 of 12
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Underlay was probably turned on to see the ceiling and the linework tool, <overhead>, was applied to the beams then the underlay was turned off. 

I thought of that too. But, if that were the case, then its Properties would not show "Basic Wall". The Properties would show  "Lines". 

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Mine says Basic wall when I turn off the underlay and select the lines as the entire wall is selected.

Message 11 of 12
barthbradley

Ah! Got you! Linework Tool! Yep. I agree with you.  Underlay + Linework tool.  

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you. I just got confirmation from the creator of that file that was you said is indeed the solution used.

Best regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report