Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save a file on revit city

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
alixoudamour
3995 Views, 21 Replies

How to save a file on revit city

Hi, is anyone can help? When I tried to download some file from revit city it downloads as txt so not as revit file...what I have done wrong? See screen shota.JPG

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
zemeraloni
in reply to: alixoudamour
Message 3 of 22
R.Max

I think the explanation is in your own screenshot?

You have to right click on where it says: "Click Here", and then select: "Save Target As..."

- R.Max

Message 4 of 22
alixoudamour
in reply to: R.Max

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Before (for many years) I could just saved as (it was a rvt file), now for a reason I ignore (as per my screen shot it saved as a txt).

I have tried the save target as (it worked for few hours) but now it doesn't save any where on my computer...

I am desperate...Any idea what happen here?

Message 5 of 22
R.Max

What browser are you using?
I just tried downloading the file in the latest Chrome-browser, and it worked like a charm.

Seems like some people are having this issue using Firefox.

- R.Max

Message 6 of 22
alixoudamour

I tried that as well...same issue

Yes I know I have been using Revit city for years and never had any problem until now...

Is it not something (a setting I would have change in my computer by chance)? It is very strange that saved as txt and not as a rvt file

Message 7 of 22
R.Max

What really bugs me, is that you're saying that right clicking on "Click Here" and choosing "Save target as..." only "worked for a few hours" but now doesn't save the file.

This is literally a direct link to the file itself and should work on all browsers (and pretty much all files except if your anti-virus catches them).

If this method doesn't work, i'm just not sure what could be wrong. I would consider reinstalling (latest version) Chrome, and try again.

Message 8 of 22
barthbradley

You're not doing anything wrong. It IS a text file.  Double_Door_Parametric_17332.txt. 

Message 9 of 22
mabelew

It doesn't work for me either.  don't see any downloads into my computer and and into the text file, don't see save target as... anywhere.   except save the link and etc.

I'm really lost at this point.

Message 10 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: mabelew

You need to create an account to logon in order to download.
Message 11 of 22
ennujozlagam

you need to register and try to use different internet browser and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 12 of 22
mabelew
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I have been on Chrome/google and nothing is happening. I am even in a Revit file during the time and I don't see anything happening.
Message 13 of 22
ToanDN

But did you create an account and log on?
Message 14 of 22
mabelew
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, I have registered and have an account in Revitcity.com.
Message 15 of 22
ennujozlagam

try to use window internet explorer and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 16 of 22
mabelew
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I tried both the Explorer and Chrome/Google internet. I have registered and have an account. I have logged in before I download anything in RevitCity. I even watched You tube how to get the download an item, but for some reason it isn't downloading. I have clicked that says "Click here" and it opened as a text file, so I right clicked and there isn't an option as "Save Target As" in that list.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 17 of 22
barthbradley

Just a thought...

Try a different user name. Maybe "WWHub"?  See if that one is taken.   

Message 18 of 22
georgehobel

After you find the item you are looking for, dont download it, dont try to save it.... use the option that says... "add .rfa file to zip cart"   Then go to the upper right of the page, in the right hand column, and you will find the zip cart... now click.... "view the zip cart"   .. then choose download.

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Residential Building and Design
Message 19 of 22
mabelew
in reply to: georgehobel

georgehobel - Thank you for getting to my response. I got the file as you told me to do and then how do I save that file and turn into rvt, because it wouldn't take it in my Revit project file.

Sorry, I'm just a student learning how to do this.

Thank you again in advance.

Message 20 of 22
ToanDN

Do you mean you change the extension to RVT? You cannot do that. The extension should be what it is, if it is a family then it should be RFA. Open that RFA file and use Load button to load it in your project. Or open your project and use Insert > Load family to bring that file in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report