Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have different elevations in design options-Revit

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
panizBMS2M
583 Views, 11 Replies

How to have different elevations in design options-Revit

Hi all,

I need to have 2 different options, with different elevation heights. but I cannot assign design options to elevations. Would you please help me.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: panizBMS2M

Do you mean different Level heights?

Message 3 of 12
panizBMS2M

Yes exactly. 

Message 4 of 12
ToanDN

Then you need to either create different Levels and use one for each design option.  Or model the design options without any level constraints.

Message 5 of 12
panizBMS2M

But when I'm trying to create new level an add it to for example design option 2, it shows me an error as attached screenshot depicts.

Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

@panizBMS2M wrote:

But when I'm trying to create new level an add it to for example design option 2, it shows me an error as attached screenshot depicts.

No you don't add Levels to a design options, but elements constrained to the Levels.  You can hide the unwanted level in each design option view for less confusion.  But it maybe easier to constrain to ref planes instead of Levels.

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

The easiest way may be to make a copy of the model and change the level elevation instead of using design options.

Message 8 of 12
panizBMS2M

My intend is to avoid creating different models, and using design options. And I'm trying to see how can I implement what you explained earlier. Thank you so much for the solution. 

Message 9 of 12
barthbradley

@panizBMS2M wrote:

Hi all,

I need to have 2 different options, with different elevation heights. but I cannot assign design options to elevations. Would you please help me.

Is this for Architectural Planning? Are you creating DOs that add Levels of construction or DOs where Levels differ in relationship to one another (for example, Level 2 is 10'-0" in DO 1 and 15'-0 in DO 2)?  Or, are you simply wanting all the Levels to read a different Elevation?        

Message 10 of 12
panizBMS2M
in reply to: barthbradley

It's a DOs where Levels differ in relationship to one another! Same thing as your example. and I don't want to show elevations on DO1, in DO2 sheets! (I prefer not to hide them because it's time consuming)! Any better suggestion?

Message 11 of 12
barthbradley

@panizBMS2M wrote:

It's a DOs where Levels differ in relationship to one another! 

Well, that's a pretty significant thing. Could even become nightmarish. I wouldn't do Design Options in this case. I'd create another model.   

Message 12 of 12
panizBMS2M
in reply to: barthbradley

I would keep it in one model, but I guess the only choice is having all levels and hiding other DO's levels!

Thanks @barthbradley!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators