Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the material of the subregion

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
3767 Views, 13 Replies

how to change the material of the subregion

I have drawn 3 subregions for my property. Out of 3 I want to change the material of 2 subregions into grass which will show the front and back gardens of my property and remaing one into floor bricks which will show the parking area.

How can I do that.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

You should be able to apply a material in the properties of the subregion.

LD

Capture.JPG

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

I have checked the material but there is no option for grass. I want to use grass to show front and back garden 

Message 4 of 14
LisaDrago

I was able to find two option in the AEC Materials Misc folder... image for reference...

materials.JPG

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Thank you so much. I have changed it into grass. Will you please help me to change the parking region into brick flooring.

I have got three subregions. Two of them are front and back gardens and rest of it I want brick flooring which people normaly use for their parking.

Message 6 of 14
LisaDrago

You should be able to do a search for brick and it will bring up the options for it in the material editor.

LD

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I have tried to change it into floor bricks but when I open the 3D view I see the concrete floor.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

After 4-5 attempts I managed to see the parking area in Red colour but not like a brick floor which I choose in materials.

Message 9 of 14
LisaDrago

On the appearance tab for the brick material - does it show an image of actual brick? 

also what visual style are you in?

LD

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

I choose brick blocks but it is showing red colur floor in 3D view of site, maybe it will be more clear in rendering.

I am having trouble with the floor finish material of my house as well. I have drawn different floor planes for kitchen, garage, hallway and bedrooms but when I choose diiferent materials for all the floor, the last selected floor finish material appears in 3D view. What I am doing wrong hear.

I have selected different floor finish material for rooms but last selected option for floor finish is appearing in 3D view.

Message 11 of 14
LisaDrago

The same material is showing everywhere?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I have created different floor planes for kitchen, garage, hallway and rest of the house rooms. I selected the following finishes for every floor

Kitchen - Marble

Hallway - floor tiles

Garage - Concrete Blocks

Rest of the rooms - Wood Floor

But revit automatically applies the last choosen floor finish to all the floors.

If you click on the floor of kitchen, garage, hallway and rest of the house, different floors will be selected. but floor finish is same for all of them when you look in3D view.

I have attached my file ,please have a look

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Hi,

I am trying to change the material but its not applying to the subregion. Please provide me solution for this

Message 14 of 14
eleef.hner

Hi,

you can try to the (Visual Style: Hidden Line) at the very bottom second next to the scale. It looks like a box, click on it and choose (Shaded). That might be the reason why it is not showing up, at least it worked for me that way. I was also having that problem.

I hope this info helped someone🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report