Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO ADD A MATERIALS LEGEND

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tstewart
1332 Views, 9 Replies

HOW TO ADD A MATERIALS LEGEND

Is there a way to add a Materials Legend to a sheet behind the Cover page?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: tstewart

Create a generic model box family with different type, give each type a material, then drop the types onto your legend view.
Message 3 of 10
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

How to create a generic Model Box?

Thanks,
TS
Message 4 of 10
barthbradley
Message 5 of 10
ToanDN

Create a generic model family with an extrusion and assign a type material parameter to the extrusion. Load it in project and assign a material via type properties. Duplicate to create new types witjmh different materials. Drag each type from browser onto your legend view.
Message 6 of 10
ennujozlagam

refer to this previous thread maybe can help. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 10
lmedinaSNPT6

Hi, 

I'm trying this work around for a materials legend, and the pattern/color assigned to the material in the family is not visibile. All that is visible are white boxes. I've tried the material parameter as type and an instance, visibility settings in the legend view and nothing is working... on revit 2022. 😞

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: lmedinaSNPT6

@lmedinaSNPT6 wrote:

Hi, 

I'm trying this work around for a materials legend, and the pattern/color assigned to the material in the family is not visibile. All that is visible are white boxes. I've tried the material parameter as type and an instance, visibility settings in the legend view and nothing is working... on revit 2022. 😞

Share that family here.

Message 9 of 10
lmedinaSNPT6

thank you.

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: lmedinaSNPT6

The Material parameter must be Type, not Instance.

ToanDN_0-1682013508030.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report