Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW I fill Cobie Data ? Can you explain with an example?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nurdan.baygut
914 Views, 5 Replies

HOW I fill Cobie Data ? Can you explain with an example?

COBie-Data.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JasonKunkel
in reply to: nurdan.baygut

The COBie Extension page on the BIM Interoperability Tools site has sample Revit models you can download and review. I’d recommend starting there. Data format and needs may not match your specific requirements but it’s a start. 

https://interoperability.autodesk.com/cobieextensionrevit.php

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your answers ,but  I have filled in a lot of information (contacts , zones...)that I have reviwed before , but when I fill in the information here via assign , it is not reflected in the table . How should I fill in the information ?

Message 4 of 6
JasonKunkel

The COBie Extension only fills in some of the parameters. Most can be identified by reviewing the rows in the table when you click the Update button.

COBie Extension for Revit - Update | Revit | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Other parameters need to be filled in by you manually. If you look at them, they are things like "Serial Number", and "Warranty Date". There is no way the software would know that. That's why they are manually entered.

Jason Kunkel
CADD Microsystems Blog
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks , this explanation has been very englightening for me . I wrote the information manually . but I worked with curtain wall . I have defined the single type family in many  places in different sizes. Is there a solution where the area , length and width measurements can be reflected automatically as in the image ?

Message 6 of 6
JasonKunkel

If the data already exists in other parameters, you might be able to use the Parameter Mapping function.

COBie Extension for Revit - Parameter Mappings - YouTube

Some things to watch out for:

• I am not sure how units and non-text parameters will export
  • Parameter Mapping is for every component, you cannot target only Curtain Walls

If this limitation makes it impossible to use the Parameter Mapping, I am sure you can find some kind of Dynamo script that can target and copy the specific data you need to the COBie parameters. I do not have anything like that, but I have seen others use similar solutions.

Jason Kunkel
CADD Microsystems Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report