Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete a point from a topoSolid?

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
JKspace424
2509 Views, 32 Replies

How do you delete a point from a topoSolid?

Is there a solution for this yet?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
dfoth
in reply to: dfoth

@ToanDN @SteveKStafford 
*Update* I have tested different keyboards on the same PC and still cannot delete the points. Then I tested it on my laptop and I cannot delete points there either. The only similarity between my PC and laptop is that I use the same type of mouse on both (3D Connexion CAD mouse). I just tested having my mouse completely unplugged from my laptop and I still could not delete points. Why can some people delete points and others can not?

Message 22 of 33
ToanDN

Share your file here.

Message 23 of 33
dfoth
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN 
File attached.

Tags (2)
Message 24 of 33
JKspace424
in reply to: JKspace424

I figured out why the point from a topeSolid wouldnt delete.  Apparently my keyboard has two delete buttons.  However, one of the is really a ''back" button labeled "delete".  I needed to use the "delete" button that actually deletes.

Message 25 of 33
dfoth

@JKspace424 
Yes, I saw that. Mine does not work no matter what I try.
I think my next option is to systematically temporarily remove add-ins, one at a time, and test if one of them is the culprit. 

Message 26 of 33
ToanDN

@dfoth wrote:

@ToanDN 
File attached.

I have no issues deleting any and all points.

Revit_hJeeb9LLYK.gif

Message 27 of 33
jessy.shao

If you're having trouble deleting points from slab shape elements like Floor, Roof, and Toposolid, it's possible that some 3rd party plugins might be interfering with the delete action. In such cases, it's recommended that you disable all the 3rd party plugins and use a workable keyboard. If you're still unable to delete the points, please contact our customer support team and raise a Problem Report. Our team will assist you from the development side to help resolve the issue.

Thank you! 

Message 28 of 33
Alfredo_Medina

I think that there is something more than just a bad key on a keyboard. Scott Brown was reporting the same issue this week in Revitforum. I don´t think there is a pandemic of faulty Delete keys. There might be something else.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 29 of 33
jessy.shao
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo,

Our team has just received confirmation from Scott that the problem is due to a 3rd party plugin, and disabling it solved his problem. 

Thanks for your support. 

Message 30 of 33
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jessy.shao

Ah, good to know. See? There was something else. Can you share the name of the application that was causing this?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 31 of 33

Yes we found that disabling guardian allowed us to delete points.  My guess is it has to do with the delete protections guardians or the notifications it gives of deleted elements.  Maybe they didn’t code it for toposolid points as they didn’t exist before.  We have notified the vendor so we hope they can fix it shortly.  I’m also going to try just disabling the deletion notification feature in guardian until they fix it so that we can still keep guardian active on most machines. I’ll report back if that works or if one of you tries it first let me know.

Message 32 of 33
Alfredo_Medina

ah, good to know. Thanks for sharing that info, Scott.

Message 33 of 33
dfoth

Thanks @sdbrownBECK! Yes, we have Guardian. I suspected it was Guardian because of the delete tracking as well but did not get the chance to test it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report