Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create an analytical model from an in place model

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
chhuanmawia18
1072 Views, 7 Replies

how do i create an analytical model from an in place model

i created stairs using the create in place models, how do i get the analytical lines of these in place models if i want to analyse them in robot or other analysis softwares

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RDAOU
in reply to: chhuanmawia18

@chhuanmawia18 

You can get the analytical lines out of Stairs those are considered Architectural elements I believe ... For In-place, I am not sure if switching it to a floor or structural category would work...you can try.

What would work for sure is if you model the stairs as Sloped structural floors, then for sure you will have the analytical lines

Edit: you can check @dzanta 's screencast here but not sure how accurate that will export to Robot 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/analytical-model-of-a-model-in-place/td-p/63... 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 8

Select the Model in-place stairs. Click on Edit In-place. Then from Category and Parameters change the category to Structural Framing. Now do: Create > Model Line > subcategory: Analytical Model (projection), (if necessary select a new work plane) and draw the line(s). 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 8

thank you very much 

Message 5 of 8

thank you...but not sure where if i did the change parameter wrong or something.not able to get the stair element to show  up in the exported  file in etab file

Message 6 of 8

In the method that I suggested above, you draw the analytical lines that you need, because the model in-place does not produce them by itself. Then you should be able to export the model from a view that is showing analytical lines. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 7 of 8

thanks so much for the reply ...i have another doubt , will this analytical model support dead load calculations in the analysis software since the material is not taken into the model.

Message 8 of 8

In Revit, you can use Analyze > Loads > Place loads, to add loads to your analytical lines. Then export. Or you can apply the loads in Robot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report