Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How am I able to smoothen my contour lines so that it follows the model lines I've drawn? tyia

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
byavabee
412 Views, 6 Replies

How am I able to smoothen my contour lines so that it follows the model lines I've drawn? tyia

I'm at a loss here. I'm trying to casually teach myself how to complete site plans and topography as it was not taught on Revit at school. I have drawings for what the contour lines should be, however, no excel data for the topography of the area. I'm trying to follow the lines that are on the image but, when I create the surface, it is not correct. I got the environment plugin to help me create this topography, I'm still struggling though. The lines have become better however there's an unwanted zigzag behavior happening and straight lines where there should be continuous curves. Extremely grateful for any sort of direction, thank you kindly in advance! I've attached the images and the file 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vitorbortoncello
in reply to: byavabee

You need to add more points (information) to smooth the lines and geometry. You could use Revit 2025, that has a new feature to smooth shading.

Help | Toposolid Enhancements | Autodesk

vitorbortoncello_0-1720963123278.png

Message 3 of 7
omertasiletisim

If you want to extract topographic contours accurately in Revit by following them precisely, you can follow the Revit Dynamo steps I've published on my YouTube channel. Dynamo, as a powerful plugin for Revit, is ideal for processing topographic data

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

I don't get your labeled contours (shown here in red, blue & green). If I had to build a physical model from them, it would just be a couple of mounds on a flat plane.   

TOPO4000.png

Message 5 of 7
byavabee
in reply to: vitorbortoncello

Thank you!!

Message 6 of 7
byavabee
in reply to: barthbradley

I see! Thank you for mentioning this to me! I'm trying to do the topography in my area so it's around me and could see if it looks similar or not. I didn't notice it at all! thank you again
Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

Actually, I didn't catch the 220000 (shown magenta here).  Still, you have a 222000 "mound" designated on a 222000 plane.  FWIW.  😉

Physical Model.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report