Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch overrides by phase and/or parameters

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
6150 Views, 11 Replies

Hatch overrides by phase and/or parameters

Hello! I was looking for a way to override wall hachs to accomplish some needs, but i cant find it. This is my problem: any wall in my project can have 5 different cut patterns, defined by phase and a condition (if it was builded with or without permission)

If its existing and permitted, i want to fill it sith solid black;

If its in any phase of construction , its filled it with solid red;

If existing but not permitted, its filled with a net pattern;

If not existing and not permitted, its filled with a line pattern;

and if its going to be demolished, its filled with solid yellow.

So i have a minimum of three phases (overriding hatch display for walls in existing and demolish phases, so the rest of phases and possible new ones stays OK) and im thinking about creating a yes/no parameter and apply it to "walls", but i dont know how to continue from that...

My idea is to have only one type of wall and change the phase and condition to change how it displays, and avoid duplicating walls just to change their patterns (i was doing that). Is there a easy way to do that? Or anyone can point me in the right way?

I started in revit this week so there will be a lot of things im missing. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

You're going to need to create 5 filters for each desired condition.

View>>Filters

Create the new filter, associate it to walls, then to the condition you are looking for.

Untitled.png

The More Parameters option that I have highlighted will take you to Project Parameters that you may select from.

Then you create a View template to apply the filter to your view - or add it to the existing View Template if existing.

Finally, click in the highlighted boxes to set up the graphic overrides for the filter 

Capture.PNG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 12
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! I was looking for a way to override wall hachs to accomplish some needs, but i cant find it. This is my problem: any wall in my project can have 5 different cut patterns, defined by phase and a condition (if it was builded with or without permission)

If not existing and not permitted, its filled with a line pattern;  (what are they?)

So i have a minimum of three phases (overriding hatch display for walls in existing and demolish phases, so the rest of phases and possible new ones stays OK) and im thinking about creating a yes/no parameter and apply it to "walls", but i dont know how to continue from that...

My idea is to have only one type of wall and change the phase and condition to change how it displays, and avoid duplicating walls just to change their patterns (i was doing that). Is there a easy way to do that? Or anyone can point me in the right way?

Thanks!

I think you can make it work with 2 phases: existing and new; and one yes/no filter: permitted.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

Im playing with this and will report if works! Thanks!

@rsahayUZMK9 wrote:

You're going to need to create 5 filters for each desired condition.

View>>Filters

Create the new filter, associate it to walls, then to the condition you are looking for.

Untitled.png

The More Parameters option that I have highlighted will take you to Project Parameters that you may select from.

Then you create a View template to apply the filter to your view - or add it to the existing View Template if existing.

Finally, click in the highlighted boxes to set up the graphic overrides for the filter 

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If not existing and not permitted, its filled with a line pattern;  (what are they?)

Thanks!

I think you can make it work with 2 phases: existing and new; and one yes/no filter: permitted.

I guess it can say "documented"or "approved" instead of "existing"... Those are walls raised without a professional plan and approval of government's cadastre, so they are someway illegal; my work is to document them so they become "legal", we have to mark them with a 45 degree line pattern.

with Existing but not permitted i mean those built ilegally, but legalized in a previous plan, and are marked with a 45 degree net pattern.

Existing and permitted are those already built legally, and get a black solid hatch.

If they are in any other phase, is because they are going to be constructed after getting approval, and they get a red solid hatch.

Sorry, i didnt explain that well the first time 

Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

See attached.  Two phases + two filters.

The 1st and 4th are by Phase Graphic Overrides

The 2nd and 3rd are by View Filter Overrides

The last is by Coarse scale fill pattern

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Im new at this.. What is that attached file? And how do i use it? Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 12
ToanDN

I embed an image and attached a Revit file.  Open the Revit file to see the settings.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I managed to do that! 😄 Thank you very much!

I have another doubt... It is possible to configure a view to not apply phase filters?

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

is it possible to make this work on stacked walls? I only managed to get phase filters working there, but wall parameters dont show on stacked walls and if i select component by component, parameters are showed but locked...

For stacked walls you need to create filters by Selection.  Or, break them up as individual walls.

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Soooo easy!! I was picking just one wall, thats why i didnt get the selection set options... Thanks! 

One last! Can phase filters be turned off for a specific view?

Message 12 of 12
ToanDN

Of course.  If you add the Filters in a Template then don't use the same template, or don't use the template at all for those views.  Am I understanding you correctly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report