Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass not divided by mullions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
elina.hyvamaki
2532 Views, 7 Replies

Glass not divided by mullions

Is it possible to make a curtain wall with mullions not dividing the glass panel?

Elina H.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

elina.hyvamaki wrote:
> Is it possible to make a curtain wall with mullions not dividing the glass panel?
>
> Elina H.

Not at first glance. I tried setting the offset of the mullion away
from the glass, but the glass still broke at the grid.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Try putting two walls next to each other. One would be the glass with your
butt glazing. The other would be a grid of mullions with no glass.

"E L S" wrote in message
news:5069092@discussion.autodesk.com...
elina.hyvamaki wrote:
> Is it possible to make a curtain wall with mullions not dividing the glass
panel?
>
> Elina H.

Not at first glance. I tried setting the offset of the mullion away
from the glass, but the glass still broke at the grid.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Any particular reason for this?
Message 5 of 8

Well, in this case there would be a lattice and a glass wall. Anyway, two curtain walls will do just fine, one for the glass part and one for the lattice.

Elina H.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Maybe what i have been trying out, would help you. We generally need the two Glass Panels touching edge to edge, and the mullion is normally behind this joint. For this, if the Mullion Profile is about 50mm in width, we keep the Curtain Panel, 25 mm beyond the reference planes in the Curtain Panel Family. This way, since the mullion cuts the curtain panel, now it exactly seems joined to each other.

Look at the image attached below.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Do you have any photos of this application in use?

chiragdedhia wrote:
> Maybe what i have been trying out, would help you. We generally need the two Glass Panels touching edge to edge, and the mullion is normally behind this joint. For this, if the Mullion Profile is about 50mm in width, we keep the Curtain Panel, 25 mm beyond the reference planes in the Curtain Panel Family. This way, since the mullion cuts the curtain panel, now it exactly seems joined to each other.
>
> Look at the image attached below.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I dont have any pics handy to show u. But most Curtain glazing, better known here as Structural Glazing, follows this norm of the Structural part(Mullion) behind the glass. Though obviously the two surfaces of glass are separated with some rubber lining or similar material to avoid water seepage. The idea is to see a clean glass surface. Its widely used now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report