Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geomterical Facade with Adaptive Components

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
koray.yardas
531 Views, 6 Replies

Geomterical Facade with Adaptive Components

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a facade structure as attached in the documents. After many tutorials I didn´t came to a solution on: 

- 1. how to adapt the component on a curved angle. 

- 2. I also wonder, if there is a way of creating a single surface from the mass component since it's also a big struggle to put the right divisions on the many surfaces.

I will comment as soon as possible if there are question from your side. 

I'm grateful for any help.

~ Koray

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: koray.yardas

Looks like a Pattern-Based Curtain Panel on a Divided Surface would get you there.  Start with a Mass Form, Divide Surface and pick a Grid Pattern/Panel for the Divided Surface.  

...here's the nuts and bolts of it:  

REVIT: Pattern Based Curtain Walls - YouTube

Message 3 of 7

@koray.yardas 

As the corner structures are curved in plan and start/stop at the tangent points to the straight parts, I suggest you make a separate corner adaptive family from the straight/flat adaptive family.

The challenge with the corner adaptive family will be to rig a spline path to the given radius. It may be necessary to model it as a simple parametric family with Boolean substractions.

Will try to model someday test families later.

-luc

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your advice! I will try it too.
Message 5 of 7
koray.yardas

image_2022-01-23_202006.png

So far I tried the Idea to create it the surface from a spline-line. As I can't close the spline line one corner is still open... 

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

Looks like you have a design challenge. That's what you are paid the big bucks to solve. Revit has done all she can, given the UV info you've inputted.  If you want the pattern to be contiguous and unbroken all the around, then find the magic UV settings - or don't bother making it contiguous and unbroken.  Instead, find another design that works in concert.

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Open the spline in the middle of a straight segment and adjust the gap so that the overhang border tiles on both sides would close the gap. Or add another surface to close the gap and match the UV grid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators