Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Annotation Custom Leaders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bblackaby
947 Views, 2 Replies

Generic Annotation Custom Leaders

My office likes to create wall sections with callouts for typical roof / wall configurations as shown below, leader line and type callout, with the contents of that assembly listed below.  Currently we are achieving this with rather messy methods (a combination of text with leaders and detail lines) and I would like to clean it up, so this may be stretching Revit’s limits for generic annotations a bit but here’s what I would ultimately like to do:

I want to create a Generic Annotation family with a built in “leader” that has grips which would allow it to be placed and flexed at the red points in the second image just like how text leaders are currently placed.  Then, to add to the problem I would like to be able to stretch where the blue dot is located in order to adjust to different assembly depths. 

Is this even theoretically possible to achieve?  Is there an easier solution that hasn’t occurred to me?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbcarch
in reply to: bblackaby

You might try using Keynotes.

Create a User Keynote with the Assembly description.

The Keynote Tag can either display a number, which ties into  Keynote Legend placed on the Sheet, containing a description--or, the Keynote Tag can display the Text.

The information is generated in the Keynote Text File.

Another possibility would be Note Blocks, but I would not use them for wall sections/annotations.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: bblackaby

I would create the whole thing as a Detail Family or a Line based Detail Family, not a Generic Annotation family so that stretching the leader is a bit more flexible.  Nest other Generic annotation families for the Arrows and the Labels and you are set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report