Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor hatch is covered by partial ramp, plan region not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1081 Views, 4 Replies

Floor hatch is covered by partial ramp, plan region not working

I want to show the floor hatch which is partially covered by the ramp (Pictures attached). I created plan region with clip depth  lower than the ramp but I still see the ramp not the floor hatch. As you can see in the second image, the floor hatch of the locker room is not visible even when plan region is applied. Please help. Thanks.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

why don't you use an Override by Element of Transparency:

• select the Ramp - View > Override by Element > View-Specific Element Graphics > Surface Transparency - increase the Transparency level and Apply..

You will be able, then , to see the hatch...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thanks! That does the job. But still curious, how come the hatch doesn't appear? Is it some kind of ramp projection over-ride? 

Message 4 of 5
cbcarch

The fill / surface pattern for the slab does not appear because it is covered by the ramp, as expected.

Try applying the same material to the ramp.

Does the surface pattern for the ramp display? If not, Over-ride Graphics by element and apply surface pattern.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! That does the job. But still curious, how come the hatch doesn't appear? Is it some kind of ramp projection over-ride? 

Because Revit does not cut ramps like it does with stairs.  People have been complaning about this for a long time and it has not been fixed.  I still don't understand the rationale behind this decision.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators