Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flattened elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dgizzim0
2441 Views, 4 Replies

flattened elevations

I'm looking to flatten an elevation. I have a curved wall and I would like to dimension along the face, add elevation grades, show a "real" view of what this would look like if it was straight, etc...

• I'm well aware that I can show a plan view and measure along the arc
  • I know that I can show the elevation as is and dimension vertically
  • I know that I can export the view and import the linework as details ---> but I loose the "live" funcionality

Imagine drawing on the inside of a 72" diameter cylinder, all the way around. Now imagine trying to show this without flattening.

I know some of you will bock about why this is needed. Trust me, it is. Flattened views are priceless.

Is this possible in Revit?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: dgizzim0

I understand that you're trying to "unroll" a curved element to present a 2D elevations, but it would help to know exactly what it is you're trying to show on that elevation.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
dgizzim0
in reply to: rosskirby

I do so much in radiused work that it would be nice to display an actual rolled-out elevation. I could dimension, detail formwork, snaptie holes, detail curtain walls, etc. I'm really not trying to do a cheapie detail trick like measure the lineal face and draw sketch. I want a live view, that if I move an opening, it will be represented automatically, I actually want to roll out elevations. If it is not possible now, perhaps in a future release.

Wish list

Message 4 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: dgizzim0

Gotcha.  Unfortunately, it's not possible yet, but like you said, maybe one day.  I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
dgizzim0
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks. Just testing the water.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report