Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Up Direction Stair Path - Default

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JavierCarreraArias
16674 Views, 3 Replies

Fixed Up Direction Stair Path - Default

Hello,

I have one question/request, in Europe the standard for stair path arrows is fixed up direction, without any text,  how can I set it as default in my template or settings so it is drawn this way anytime I draw a stair? 

Nice day.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Open up your template file, change all stair types to have the parameters as shown below, and save your template file.

stairparameters.jpg

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

This only applies to "Stair by Sketch".

For "Stair by Component", how do we set the default Stair Paths Family from "Automatic Up/Down Direction" to "Fixed Up Direction"?

Message 4 of 4
olga.horwat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi All,

Just found a solution and it works!

http://revitcat.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/revit-2013-stair-path-arrows.html

Quote from above mentioned website:

Setting the default stair path type

• Place a stair (if you don’t already have one in the project);
  • Select the automatically generated stair path - if it is the correct one for your standards then you do not need to change the default.  However, if it is wrong, delete it;
  • From the Annotate Tab select new stair path, but be sure to change its type, eg “Fixed Up Direction” (from the Type Selector) before placing it;
  • From that point on, all newly placed stair paths in that project will be of that type, including automatically generated ones;
  • It would be wise to modify your standard project template, using this technique.  Don’t forget to  delete the stair from your template project before saving it.
  • NB. “Automatic Up/down” is a system family, so it cannot be deleted from a project.  You could always rename its type from “Standard” to “Do not use this type” in your project template file (or some such corporate standard threat).

Big thanks to the author of that article! 

Regards,

Olga

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report