Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finish schedule category issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mar_zan
381 Views, 2 Replies

finish schedule category issue

I have a Multi-Category Material Takeoff Schedule I'm using as a Finish Index for wall, floor, trim, etc. finishes. 

I sorted the schedule by element Category. (Walls, Floors, etc.) So if the material shows on a wall it will show in the wall section. One of the categories is Wall: Wall Sweeps, But I would like to rename it to Trim. Is that possible? I can't seem to find it in settings. 

Screenshot 2023-06-19 152425.png

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: mar_zan

You could add a new type parameter to the schedule fields, keep your schedule sorted by Category, untick itemize every instance, and enter Walls, Trims, etc... to the new column.  Then add this field to the schedule Sort list, turn on header for it and turn off header for category field.  Thing is when you add new types to the project, you will have to enter the value for this parameter for them.

Or, just add a piece of opaque text that says TRIM over the schedule on sheet.

Message 3 of 3
mar_zan
in reply to: ToanDN

Adding a new Project Type parameter is exactly what I ended up doing. It works well enough I suppose. Actually, in some ways it helps more because some of my wall paints were painted on the side of a roof dormer opening in the interior, which caused it to show in a roof category (which didn't make sense). So now I can change those to wall as it should be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report