Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Regions not printing filled

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1890 Views, 4 Replies

Filled Regions not printing filled

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time Revit user, but have come across an issue which I can't figure out. It involves printing 2D elements (blah!)

Using Revit 2015

Update Release 9

20150704_0715(x64)
Printing with

PDF X-Change Printer 2012

5.5 Build 313.1

Windows 7 Pro x34 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

I have a host file.

In my host file I have a wall-hosted recess.

In my wall-hosted recess family, I have a filled regions.

When I print a PDF file of just the host file, the filled regions print...filled.

(See GOOD.png)

I have a linked revit file.

When I print the same view with detail elements turned on in the linked file, all print regions disappear.

Including the wall-hosted recess family which lives in the host file.

(See NOT_GOOD.png)

Has anyone had this problem?

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe it has something to do with my PDF Driver?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
angelica.rodriguez.3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Try printing using raster processing. For some reason filled regions and elements in grey sometimes don't show properly in vector.

Let us know if it works.

Message 3 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

It is a PDF driver issue as I have seen this occur on one station with one driver and the same file on another station with a different PDF converter seemed to work fine. Similar to the issue with non rectangular/segmental filled regions; on some PDF converters work fine and on others not. It seems to have something to do with the way some of those drivers communicate with Revit and how they interpret/prioritize the placement order of elements in a file/model.

It could be other reasons too but I know that the following work for some...maybe it works for you too

Possible solutions:

1. Are the common edges of the filled regions locked to the edges of the walls/recesses (if not try to align&lock) and try to print again.
  2. If they are locked already; select and on the Modify|Detail item >> Bring to Front then try print again
  3. Try to print from a station with a different configuration/driver

Detail Item Print.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: angelica.rodriguez.3d

Sorry Angelica, but vector PDFs are a necessity. The zoomed image quality is just not good enough with raster printing.

(File-Size is also much better with PDF, packages can still be e-mailed.)

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Ay U,

I will have to try printing from another station.

Everything else has already been tried. (When something doesn't work, I fiddle with it until I can't get it to. That's what brought me to you. ,)

I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro, but it didn't work.

Cheers,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report