Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region's line weights don't update when Revit files line weights change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1252 Views, 2 Replies

Filled Region's line weights don't update when Revit files line weights change

This looks like a bug.

Scenario: Updating line weights in a Revit file full of standard details to match new line weight standards.

Problem: After changing the Line weights (Manage\Additional Settings\Line Weights) and swapping line styles using a type-swapping tool (CTC BIM Project Suite), the Boundary lines in filled regions do not reflect the change.

Closing and re-opening the file does not resolve it

Restarting the computer does not resolve it.

Thin lines is confirmed to be Off

Upgrading file to the latest version of Revit does not resolve it.

Image below shows line weight changes not-reflected properly in many filled regions and a couple reflected properly but through the tedious solution below.  

REVIT_2018_LINEWSTYLES_CHANGE_ISSUE.png

Tedious Solution: Double click to edit each and every filed region for the lines to reflect the updated line weights, then Finish.  With hundreds of details to do, this was not a good option. 

Better Solution: Initiate collaboration on BIM 360 with the file (not sure if just uploading it works too) and when opening the newly workshared file, the Filled region boundary lines reflect the correct line thickness! 

I kept it up there so not sure if downloading it to continue working offline retains the correction.

This looks like a Revit bug and sort of obscure but I thought I'd post the solutions here for others having the same problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Cut and paste aligned?
Message 3 of 3
sefanja-verkaik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear cbarbieri,

I assume you have used the same lines within the filled regions. I had a similair problem with my detail component. Updating/reseting the objectstyle helped for me to solve this.

Also I came across another lineweight bug with filled regions, my line weight is capped at a certain point and my line wont get thicker. I would like to know why this is and if it can be resolved.
sefanjaverkaik_0-1632212414055.pngsefanjaverkaik_1-1632212438258.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report